Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Natasha Richardson

Every day for the past six years, I've looked at a picture of Natasha Richardson - sometimes dozens of times a day. It was six years ago this month that I started collecting posters for one of my favorite movies, the 1998 version of "The Parent Trap." I have three posters with her picture in three different rooms, so you can't get away from her in my small house.

It's hitting me a little harder than I would have thought, hearing that Ms Richardson passed away. I didn't know her after all, and I usually don't get attached to entertainers - their job is to give me a quality entertainment product and then go away. In this case, though, the entertainment product was outstanding, her character was a beacon of goodness, and I don't know that I've ever seen her in any other movies. I've seen "The Parent Trap" dozens of times and her on-screen character touches me every time. So every day I see her on one of my posters and I smile. I'll always remember her as 'Elizabeth James," the 35-year-old mother of the precocious twins in "The Parent Trap."

I'm going to let myself be a little sad for her for a while. There is the human element after all - she leaves a young family behind. Next, she was younger than me, so that's way too young to go. And it's just sad.

Natasha Richardson - Thank you for bringing a little movie magic into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment