Saturday, November 28, 2009

10,000!

When I loaded some podcasts this morning, my iPod hit a milestone - 10,000 titles.


Unlike the way iTunes displays the count, I say “titles” because not every selection is a song.  I constantly cycle through a bunch of podcasts and have a few comedy albums in inventory.  Taking out the spoken-word titles, I still have 9903 songs on the unit.  That's quite a few.  Don't immediately draw a conclusion that that amount is too many - except for a few dozen new songs I'm trying out, I still like all the tunes and can identify most of them using the old “Name That Tune” starting point of seven notes.  We all have our own idea of how much music is just right.

Including the podcasts and comedy recordings, iTunes says it would take 28 days, 16 hours, 11 minutes and nine seconds to listen to the whole kit & caboodle.

I've already listened to nine podcasts today so the total is back below 10,000, but for a brief period, much like the stock market, I could say I was at a totally arbitrary and meaningless - yet cool - point.

No comments:

Post a Comment