Friday, April 30, 2010

So Close

Last Fall, I put both of my two-wheeled vehicles in storage for the off-season.  I thought about hanging the motorcycle from the ceiling but later opted to park it on the floor and hang the bicycle.  Less fun but more practical.

Not wanting the two vehicles to interfere with other, I measured carefully and drilled hooks into the ceiling for the bike.  I parked the cycle and then hung the bike on the hooks.

While I measured carefully, I didn't take into consideration the motorcycle's cover.  Let's see how close I got.




Ouch.  While the bike's handlebars are still inches away from the motorcycle, with the cover in the mix, we're calling that zero clearance.  Very tight.  With my track record, I'm very happy to not be reporting major negative clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment