Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day? No, Happy Goldwing Day

I brought home my Goldwing on his date in 2004.  I remember quite clearly the first song to eminate from the radio - "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" by The Eagles.  Whether you believe in omens or not, that was a good sign.  On my way to work this morning, it hit 19,000 miles.

I've been avoiding driving my truck this week, for reasons that may be explained in a later post, and Monday-Tuesday were lovely days.  Because they were lovely, and Wednesday morning was sunny, I didn't look at the thermometer before I left for work.  Wow: 43°.  That's a bit chilly when riding a machine that makes its own windchill.  My lower limit for cycling to work has usually been 55°.  A new and somewhat brisk low, and short-lived.  My commute is less than two miles.

I looked at the thermometer before I left this morning: 39°.  A second new low in as many days. Should be closer to 50° than 40° Friday morning.  I hope it's warm for the weekend, so I can see about fixing my truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment